Have you received emails with dangerous content lately that force you to make a deposit or make an instant payment? That email, like many others, are malicious or unwanted emails whose purpose is none other than to turn your computer or mobile into a vulnerable device.
Malicious emails are very easy to send and very difficult to avoid receiving. In 2018, it was estimated that almost 70% of messages received are spam and about 10% contain malicious files.
An excess of unwanted messages in your inbox can generate consequences in your email: lack of space, mixed emails, deletion of messages by mistake, viruses, etc. Therefore, in order not to fall into the trap of malicious mail it is important to know how to identify them and never respond or open them.
Malicious email types
So that you do not see yourself immersed in a complicated or vulnerable situation, we provide you with the main malicious emails:
- PHISHING Messages that seem to come from reliable sources but that are actually aimed at stealing passwords to bank accounts, emails, web pages, etc.
- SCAM Misleading emails seeking a person's scam: lottery prizes, inheritances, job offers, charitable actions ...
- MALWARE Emails with infectious files that by executing them you can steal personal data, capture keystrokes, share information, delete files, etc.
- SPAM Massive unwanted messages for advertising purposes. They can come from subscriptions or social networks.
- HOAX Posts that have false content or news to be shared in chain: promises of wealth, urban legends, calls for solidarity ...
If you have any questions about malicious emails, Mediaelx helps you dispel them
If after reading the news you have any doubts about how to avoid malicious mail, our website company in Elche helps you solve it.
You can contact us by phone or by email. We will assist you on +34 966 222 989 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a Mediaelx professional website and you think your corporate email has been damaged, you can also visit us at Calle Vicente Blasco Ibáñez, 58 03201 Elche (Alicante)
We provide our social networks to be informed of these and other news of interest:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paginaswebprofesionales
- Twitter : https://twitter.com/mediaelxweb
- LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/company/mediaelx-web-design/ .