Google Analytics Universal (UA), the classic Analytics, is on its last legs. In fact, when accessing Analytics, we can see the countdown. Starting from July 1st, 2023, UA properties will stop processing new data and will be replaced by Google Analytics 4 (GA4), Google's new measurement solution.
If you have not yet migrated your UA property to GA4, now is the time to do so. In this article, we explain the risks of not making the change and how we can help you at Mediaelx.
What happens if you don't migrate to Google Analytics 4 before July 1st, 2023?
The transition from UA to GA4 is essential to continue obtaining accurate and relevant statistics about user behavior on your website. If you decide not to make the change, you will be losing a great deal of valuable information that will allow you to better understand your audience and improve your digital marketing and SEO strategies.
Here are some of the risks you will face by not updating to GA4 in time:
- You will lose the historical data of your website: If you do not migrate to GA4, you will lose all the historical information collected in UA. Therefore, you will not be able to compare old data with new data, and it will be more difficult to track long-term trends, identify patterns, or changes in user behavior.
- You will not be able to take advantage of GA4's benefits: GA4 is a much more advanced and modern tool than UA. It offers new analysis features that allow you to obtain more detailed information about your users, such as event and conversion tracking, visualization of conversion funnels, identification of specific audiences, and integration of Google Ads data.
- Limitation of reports: Google will no longer update UA, which means that no new features and characteristics will be available. Therefore, your ability to generate custom reports will be limited. In contrast, GA4 allows you to generate custom reports to analyze specific data that is important to your business.
- Difficulty in measuring your website's performance: If you do not migrate to GA4, you will not be able to measure your website's performance accurately. This can affect your website's ability to reach new users and improve its ranking in search results.
- Compatibility issues with other Google tools: UA will stop working correctly with other Google tools. However, GA4 is designed to easily integrate with Google Ads, Google Tag Manager, Google Optimize, and other tools, allowing you to make the most of the possibilities they offer to improve your website and your business.
- You will not be prepared for changes in data privacy: GA4 complies with new regulations and trends in protecting users' personal data, such as the end of third-party cookies or the increased use of ad blockers.
- You will fall behind your competition: GA4 is already the present of web analytics, and if you do not adapt to it, you will miss the opportunity to optimize your digital strategy and improve your performance. Your competitors who do use GA4 will have an advantage over you and will be able to offer a better experience to their customers.
Don't let the end of Google Analytics Universal catch you off guard. Contact Mediaelx and migrate to Google Analytics 4 with total peace of mind
The end of Google Analytics Universal is very close, and it will not be because we haven't warned you. If you have not yet made the change to GA4, we can do it for you at Mediaelx with total guarantee and professionalism, saving you time and, above all, a lot of trouble. We will keep your statistics and data safe and accessible at all times.
Contact us today to request the change from UA to GA4 and ensure the continuity of your company's web analysis.
- Write to us at our email: email@example.com
- Visit us by appointment at Calle Vicente Blasco Ibáñez, 58, Elche (Alicante)
- Call us or send us a WhatsApp at +34 601 223 257