In the competitive real estate world, we know how crucial it is to stand out from the crowd. The images of your property portfolio are the first point of contact with potential buyers, and they can make the difference between capturing their attention or going unnoticed. That's why it's essential to focus on both the quality and quantity of the photos uploaded.
But what is the optimal number of photos per property to attract more inquiries? In this article, we provide you with some tips for selecting the right photos that will generate more inquiries from potential clients.
Quality is more important than quantity
Before considering the number of images to upload to your website or real estate portal, you must consider their quality. Uploading many photos is of no use if they are dark, blurry, cluttered, or unattractive. The photos should portray the property realistically while highlighting its strengths and conveying a sense of space, brightness, and cleanliness. To achieve this, it is recommended to follow some basic guidelines:
- Use a camera with good resolution and image stabilisation. Avoid using a webcam as they tend to have lower quality and distort proportions. If you have a mobile phone with a good camera, you can use it.
- Make use of natural light and turn on all artificial lights. Avoid using the flash as it can create unwanted reflections or shadows.
- Organise and clean the property before taking photos. Remove personal items, cables, rugs, or cushions that might reduce space or distract attention.
- Take photos from different angles and perspectives. Try to capture the entire room in one photo, but also take close-ups of the most interesting details, such as the fireplace, balcony, or kitchen.
- Edit the photos with suitable software. Adjust brightness, contrast, color, and framing if necessary. Avoid excessive use of filters or effects, as they can alter reality or reduce naturalness.
The optimal number of photos per property
Once you have high-quality photos, you need to select which ones to include in the listing. There is no fixed rule for the optimal number of photos per property, but some criteria are recommended:
- Upload at least one photo for each main room: living room, kitchen, bedrooms, and bathrooms. If the property has additional secondary rooms, such as a storage room, garage, or terrace, you can include a photo of each.
- Also, upload a photo of the building's facade and the entrance or lobby. This will help the buyer to locate the property and get an idea of its condition and style.
- If available, include a photo of the property's floor plan. Floor plans are very useful for displaying the layout and dimensions of the property clearly and accurately.
- Do not upload more than 20 photos in total. An excess of photos can overwhelm the buyer or make them lose interest. Additionally, it can slow down the ad loading or consume too much mobile data.
- Choose the order of the photos carefully. Ideally, start with the most attractive and impactful photo, usually the living room or an exterior view of the pool or porch, especially if it's a villa. Then, follow a logical and coherent order, as if taking a virtual tour of the property.
Our Real Estate CRM makes it easy to upload images of your properties quickly and efficiently. You can manage and update your property listings in a matter of seconds.
Improve your property listings and outperform the competition with Mediaelx by your side
Property listings are the presentation cards of your properties, and this is where Mediaelx can assist you.
What can we do for you? Our SEO and optimisation service is focused on helping you receive more inquiries. We analyse every detail to ensure that your property listings are irresistible to buyers. Additionally, you will receive a detailed report each month with recommendations to continue improving all aspects of your real estate marketing.
If you have any questions or need more information, don't hesitate to contact us without any commitment!
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us or send us a WhatsApp message at +34 601 223 257
- Visit us by appointment at Calle Vicente Blasco Ibáñez, 58, Elche (Alicante)